Saturday, November 17, 2007

Weird

On the ferry boat when I met all the teachers, I suddenly heard someone say "Trans Siberian Express". I perked up. It was Dave, a New Zealander. We chatted about it a bit, and quickly figured that we had been on the train at around the same time. Then it dawned on me, I had met Dave once before. When I arrived in Irkutsk last June, after having just come off a crazy 3 day train ride, I spent one night in a hostel there. I got there late in the evening and left early the next morning, but as we talked to eachother it became clear that had already met in Russia. Crazy! He didn't even work in Busan either but in Seoul.

Another in a long line of small world stories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

i see a word "Russian" here! yeah! thats funny that you didnt know that he was there too.. how i remember you dont really like russian train. but to me its one of the coolest transport ever!:)

 
Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites