Saturday, November 17, 2007

Stick Day

Last week as I wandered into my kids class I noticed that they all had giant bags of candy stuff. Halloween leftovers? Nope. My kids all come up to me and give me long and colourful candy stuff wrapped in foil. One has bugs bunny on it, the others, a random assortment of anime characters.

"Whats this?"
"Its Stick Day!!" "Happy Stick day Will!"

Now, Stick Day was apparently last Sunday or something. Anyways, I talked to my adult students about it. Apparently Stick Day was the brainchild of the Lotte Corporation in Korea. They made a day dedicated to giving and receiving chocolate covered cookie sticks. Guess what, among billions of other things, lotte makes? Sticks! My co-workers and students all gave me sticks that day. They were fairly tasty. Now, I know that mothers day, for example, is the creation of corporations, but at least we arnt so blatant about it!

Im coming back to Canada and starting Stick Day. Guess what the date of stick day is Nov 11. Thats right 11/11. Stick like numbers dont you think.

Koreans seem to love stick day.

No comments:

 
Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites